Saturday, February 1, 2014

Alexis Banner and a Snow Day!!

One of my co-workers is expecting her 4th grand baby in March and today was the baby shower for her daughter. Months ago they asked me to make a name banner for the baby's room to based on the colors of the crib blanket.
Here is the blanket...


And here is the banner...

Let's take a closer look at each letter :)








I used a banner kit for the base pieces and covered each one with papers in my color scheme. The letters are chipboard and I painted them with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint then brushed on some sparkly hologram Stickles. The flowers at the bottom point of each piece are from my stash of older Stampin' Up! products. I doodled a different little design around the edge of each banner piece with a brown marker. There is lace and a rose ribbon glued to the top of each banner piece as well. I strung it together using a green tulle and tied the ends with pink scrunched seam binding to form the loops to hang it. We took pictures of her holding it up but they came out blurry :( but she said she would take pics of it hanging in the nursery :)

The weather here has been strange lately and this week we had snow! I don't really like snow. Let me explain why. People here panic and there is not a carton of milk, eggs or loaf of bread to be found anywhere. Why? Is everyone going to get up the next morning and make french toast? haha Then, we just don't know how to drive in it here in the south, so there are accidents. Third, my kid goes in and out, in and out to play in it and drags the snow in from the back door to the living room, leaving big globs of snow that melts into big cold puddles that I have to clean up. Not only that, he changes his cold wet clothes and dirties up a towel EVERY TIME he comes in, which means more laundry for me. But, I do like the fact that he has fun in it and this year my grand babies got to see snow for the first time! So, I guess I don't hate snow, just don't like it all that much :) Here are some pics from our snow adventure!!

One of the big cedars in my yard covered in the soft white stuff!

Our dog, Milo, doesn't like show. He could not figure out where he was supposed to go to the bathroom, lol

I created a couple of pages of my grand babies on their snow day adventures and will share those tomorrow. Until then....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: