Sunday, December 15, 2013

Oh, Christmas Tree, Oh, Christmas Tree!

How lovely are your branches?! This year I went for a whimsical, cutesy theme for my Christmas tree :) Having two grand babies gears me toward decorating through their eyes and I wanted the tree to be cute and magical for them. I wanted it to be colorful and look like it came straight from the North Pole with elves and candy and cakes on it.


I bought a slim 7 foot tree this year because we bought a huge sectional sofa that takes up most of the living room and I knew the other tree would not fit anywhere. I actually had to put the tree in the dining area right next to the front entryway, but this tree fits perfect there! I added the multi-colored lights first and then two long garland pieces made with white mesh ribbon. Then the real fun began! I added large candy and cake ornaments and large whimsical flowers and the cutest elves :)

A cute little girl elf to represent my
sweet granddaughter Elizabeth
And a mischief little boy elf to represent my
cute grandson Grayson. Notice the boy elf
is hanging upside down :) 
The tree top is colorful and whimsical, too, of course!!


I bought almost everything on the tree from Carolina Pottery, one of my most favorite stores! They always have the cutest tree displays and I based my tree on a mix of two or three of the trees that they had on display. I loved the elf tree they had and the candy/cake tree was adorable!! I have done something different with the mantle this year, too. We can't get to all of my Christmas decorations so I am having to make do with other things, but I am pretty happy with what I came up with :) Come back later this week to see that!! Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!











Linking up here:


No comments: