Saturday, December 28, 2013

My Christmas Mantle

Hey y'all!! I'm back to show you my mantle for Christmas. Yeah, I know Christmas is over, but my decorations are still up, lol. And besides, there are only a couple of Christmas things on the mantle which can easily be swapped out for something else :)


The newest addition to my mantle is the big window that I attached chicken wire and then burlap to the back of. I hung the "Merry" banner to the window with clothes pins.


I added the gold snowflake and star among the ceramic birds, candlesticks, little red lantern and a big glass bottle.


I've seen the Mason jars with bottle brush trees in them on Pinterest and of course had to copy that! lol
I used small white bottle brush trees and "snow" that I had already to make these "snow globes" :)


I put green glittered Christmas balls inside this cloche that I have had for a while. I bought it at a really neat greenhouse/gift shop in Hilton Head, SC. It is metal and is a little rusty, just what I love!! The candle stick on the right just has a red and gold glass mosaic vase that I put a candle in.


I have not worked on any crafty things for a couple of weeks now, but hope to get out to the art house in the next few days to work on a few things. I promised my Mom a canvas piece for one of her Christmas presents, so I must work on that! There is also the big mess that must be cleaned up from creating things for the craft fair that I did. I didn't clean after each project because of the time crunch I was in, so it's more like a junk house than an art house at the moment, lol.
That's it from me today! Hope y'all have a very Happy New Year!!! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: