Sunday, December 1, 2013

Altered Suitcase

I have had this suitcase for many years. I removed the lining because it was discolored and ripped. And then I did nothing with it for a couple of years. My daughter Mariah was using it in photo shoots. Here is my grandson Grayson sitting in it for his Halloween pictures. Isn't he the cutest thing?!  :)


I changed the inside of the suitcase but left the outside as is. I like the color and patina of the outside, but the inside needed some work.


Do you want to see what I did to the inside??


Yep, you see burlap and lace :)


I used a printed burlap ribbon for the sides and an eyelet fabric with lace trim for the inside bottom and top.


I will be using it as a display case for some of my creations at a craft fair next Saturday. I set up my tables today so I could see how I wanted to display everything. This is what I think I will do with the suitcase :)



I have a few more coaster sets made to add to it and I think instead of the ornaments hanging on the top I will display some flower pins I made. I still have quite a few things to make for Saturday. I did make a couple things today and will share those soon. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: