Friday, November 15, 2013

Wine Cork Christmas Ball

I love wine bottles and corks, but don't really drink wine, lol. Good thing my boss does!! I got some wine corks from him and some from a restaurant in town. I used a bunch on the tray that I made last year and was hoarding the rest until I found a project I thought worthy of using them. Well, I finally found one! Check this out...

Cute, huh? I am calling it a Wine Cork Christmas Ball or ornament, but it is a little heavy to hang on a tree. Perhaps it can be hung in a doorway like mistletoe or just sit it on a shelf or mantle. I inserted a small piece of a dowel in each cork and then inserted each one in a 2 inch Styrofoam ball and to secure each one better, I put a glob of hot glue on each one before inserting them. After the whole ball was covered, I added a piece of organza ribbon by tying it to a piece of dowel, glued and inserted it in the ball.



To finish it off, I glued some moss between each cork to cover the Styrofoam that showed. This thing measures about 8 inches wide!! I wish I had enough corks to do more, but it took about 45 corks to make this one. Hopefully I can get some more corks from some restaurants. I saw some for sale on Etsy, but I hate paying for these things when some people just throw them away!! So, if you are one that throws them away, throw them at me! lol

 This weekend, I will be working on more cute things for the craft fair. I also need to get all of my displays ready and do a test run of my set up. I need to take pictures of another banner that I made last weekend and I will share that tomorrow. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: