Friday, November 1, 2013

State Fair Canvas

I started this canvas when I went on that weekend retreat a couple of weeks ago and finally finished it last night :) The focal point is my daughter Mariah and sweet grandson Grayson. They went to the South Carolina State Fair the first week of October and she asked me to create a canvas for this picture.


I started with a piece of mat board and painted it a bright yellow, then I rubbed a Tim Holtz Tea Stain distress ink pad all over the board and wiped and blended the ink with a paper towel. Next is a strip of multi-color checked designer paper across the middle of the board and under that I added a strip of real tickets that I dirtied up a bit with distress ink. I created a ribbon using red card stock and plaid designer paper and also a scallop chipboard piece with two circles layered on top. I added a large banner across the top of the board and another small one below the row of tickets. On the bottom left I cut out a hot air balloon from a piece of designer paper and added the 50 cent sign with pop dots.


I added several fair themed dimensional stickers like popcorn, candy apples, cotton candy, a roller coaster, Ferris wheel, bumper car and merry-go-round horse. The title "State Fair" is a combo of stickers and chipboard that I added blue Stickles to.






This is a close-up of my sweet girl and her sweet boy. I love these two!!


 

I love how this all came together :) The colors are happy and fun, just like the fair!!

I have been looking at Pinterest a lot this week for ideas on Christmas ornaments and cards to make for a craft fair that I've signed up for. I got tons of great inspiration, as always! I will be working on some of those items this weekend, so I will share as soon as I can! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: