Monday, November 11, 2013

Rolled Sheet Music Christmas Ornament

I saw an ornament like this on Pinterest and just had to make one. Does that happen to you? I love Pinterest because it gives me such inspiration and I try to make things that I normally wouldn't. I found the sheet music and the Santa image on The Graphics Fairy, another site that I love!! This ornament is huge, like more that 6 inches wide.


I printed the sheet music on card stock and cut the pieces out with a Spellbinders scallop die cut. Then each scallop is rolled and glued to a chipboard circle base. I did two rows of the tubes. Then I added a big scallop to the center. I had to use some chipboard pieces to build up the center to put the scallop piece on because of the thickness of the tubes.



I printed the Santa figure, cut it out and added silver Stickles around the edges. I mounted the Santa figure on a silver glittered snowflake ornament that I got in a pack from Walmart and glued it to the base. A piece of cream organza ribbon was added for the hanger.

I stayed in the art house all weekend working on projects for a craft fair coming up. I can't wait to show you all the things I've made, but I have to take pictures first. I have many more projects in mind to make, too and can't wait to get everything to start those!! This Wednesday night, I am doing a class on how to make the mesh wreaths. I am really excited to do this class :) I will post some pics of what everyone creates on Thursday! Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: