Thursday, November 28, 2013

I caved...

I just couldn't stand waiting to give my sister-in-law her Christmas gift! Considering it is a Christmas decoration, I really wanted her to have it to before then, so I caved and gave it to her today! I gave you a sneak peak of it last week. Here is the whole thing :)


I hope you like it Lisa!!! Each piece is coaster that is covered in Christmas paper from an Authentique paper pack and the edges are painted with white paint to look like it's dusted with snow. The J and the Y are chipboard letters from Darice, that are painted white, sponged with red paint and then I applied Irridescent Ice embossing powder. The O is actually a wreath ornament that I received in a swap. It is made with a bunch of punched snow flakes and some of them have small bling pieces. It was light blue, so I painted it with the same paint mixture as the letters. The bow that was on it was also blue, so I swapped it out with a pretty Old Olive ruffled Stampin' Up! ribbon one. I added big eyelets to the corner of each panel and attached them together with a vintage red eyelet ribbon. I accented the red ribbon with the same Old Olive ruffled ribbon and some pretty cream colored lace. Here is a close-up of each panel.




I love the little red bird peeking from behind the J and the Santa behind the Y. I cut the papers so those would not be hidden :) I love this paper pack!! I wish I had bought more than one!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I ate way too much and think I will go take a nap :)

Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: