Saturday, November 30, 2013

First Christmas Card of the Season

I bought an Authentique paper pack called Merry several months ago and have used several sheets so far for Christmas ornaments so I thought it was time to make a few cards. This is the first one I created. It all started with the piece of burlap ribbon that I brushed some white paint on and cut a v on the end. I was going to use it on a tag or possibly a canvas piece but it turned out the perfect size for a card :) The card base is Old Olive card stock with two layers of the paper from the Authentique paper pack. I tied scrunched seam binding around the layers card stock where they are put together and then added the piece of burlap ribbon. 


The tag  is also from the same paper pack, was cut out with a Tim Holtz tag die cut and is inked around the edges to distress it. I added a double tied bow to the tag. Above the tag is a chipboard snowflake that I painted with Tim Holtz shimmer white distress paint and then inked it to distress it, added the green button with red twine. Below the tag, I stamped "be merry" in Timber Brown Staz-on. I added Stickles around the edges of the card and the snowflake to make it sparkly :)


 I made another card and some other projects that I will share with you later. I gotta go and work on another creation that has been stuck in my head for a while :) Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!



No comments: