Monday, November 25, 2013

Elf Stocking Floral Door Hanger

I have been seeing a lot of burlap stockings on Pinterest and since I adore burlap and love Christmas stockings, I thought I would make one :) But with a twist! I made it a floral door hanger instead of just a stocking. And of course I had to make it whimsical!!!


I made the stocking by drawing the shape directly on the burlap and cutting two pieces, then stitching them together and then turning it. Cute, huh? I stuffed it with fiberfill and inserted a floral foam block and then started filling it with fun, whimsical stuff :) There's a cute little elf hanging onto the stocking while hanging a jingle bell garland to it.


Then there is the sweet little candy house that I got at Carolina Pottery. Love that place!! They always have the cutest decorations, although sometimes a little pricey. Also, I added some cute sparkly sprays in green, red and white.


I do think it needs something on the right side of the little candy house, maybe a funky candy cane. I will be on the lookout for something this week.

I started a new project tonight and hope it turns out great, just have to let it dry overnight. It involves burlap, of course!! I will share that as soon as I can. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!

No comments: