Sunday, November 17, 2013

Chicken Wire and Burlap Go Good Together

I saw a chicken wire and burlap wall/door hanger on Pinterest a few weeks ago and have been dreaming about it ever since. No seriously, when I see something that I really want to make, I have dreams about it until it comes to fruition. Weird, I know, but that's my wacko, creative brain works. Anyway, I finally finished it!! What do you think??


Do you love it? Huh, huh, huh??? Let's take a closer look :)


First I shaped the chicken wire in a cone shape. Then I sewed up a piece of burlap also in a cone shape and stuck it inside the chicken wire cone, folding the top edge down to create a cuff. Then the real fun started!! Stuffing it with awesome stuff :) The focal point is the Santa with spindly, twisty legs that I got from Oriental Trading last year. Behind the Santa is an icy red berry spray, a sparkly pine straw spray, some pine boughs with pine cones, a sparkly green ball spray and some poinsettias.


I also added a bow made with green mesh ribbon, a snowflake printed red organza wired ribbon, some mesh tubing and a large rusty bell. I love that rusty bell!!


I bought a few of them at Carolina Pottery. Most of the floral sprays came from there, too. I love that store :) They always have the coolest displays and now they have all of the Christmas decorations up and the trees that they have decorated are awesome!! It will soon be time to get all the Christmas stuff out of storage and have fun decorating my house!! But, I always wait until after Thanksgiving :)
Today, I worked on something for my sister-in-law for Christmas. I also worked on a couple other things for the craft fair. I have to take pictures of all of it and then I will share :) Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: