Saturday, November 9, 2013

Altered Matchboxes That I Received

I shared with you last week the altered matchboxes that I made for a swap. Today, I want to share the one I received. Oh my goodness, I love it!! My partner did such a fantastic job on this!!


Is it not darling? She used a paper that looks like weathered wood and decorated it with burlap and flowers. And check out the little drawer handles!!


The top has a piece of burlap with some pretty flowers and some bling added, too.


I put this on a little shelf in my art house so that I can see it from my desk when I am working on the computer :)

I have been making things to sell at a craft fair coming up in December. Today I made a couple of Christmas ornaments and started on a banner. I also made a chicken wire and burlap cone that can be hung on a door instead of a wreath. I just need to finish adding flowers and a couple of other things to it. I was really excited to finally make it since I saw a tutorial on Pinterest for one a few weeks ago. Working with chicken wire can be somewhat dangerous! I scratched my hands up a little, but not too bad. I have enough left over from this project to make a couple more and possibly another project I have in mind :) I will share the Christmas ornaments over the next couple of days. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: