Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New, but not New Dining Room Table

I have been without a dining room table since February when my daughter confiscated my pub table and chairs :) I was planning to switch anyway, but then never found exactly what I wanted that wasn't over the top expensive. I thought about building one out of a base and then use a door or old plank wood for the top. I have been looking on my favorite Facebook page called Your Funky Junk for ideas and somehow ran across a business that is actually not too far from my house. Peach Festival Gardens is a tucked away place in Gilbert, South Carolina and they have loads of unique pieces of "junk" to discover! I was browsing around and found a few tables, but they were either too big or long or out of my price range. Then I saw this....


Ok, you are probably thinking that this is really rustic and well, junk. But that's what I love about it!! It has been sitting out in the weather and is a little warped and chippy and yes, there are gaps between the planks. But let me tell you, this thing is solid and heavy!! And I see it's potential :)
I plan on sanding it down, painting the bottom (I'm thinking a turquoise but distressed) and stain and poly the top. The top planks are nailed to the base with rusty nails but I love how it looks! It is a little large and I will have to move a couple pieces around in the dining area, but I think it's perfect for us. I won't be able to work on it much until the weekend, but I'll share pictures when it's done.

I did work on a couple different craft projects that I will share as soon as pics are edited. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: