Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Merry Christmas Banner Swap

I joined a Merry Christmas Banner swap where we were assigned 2 letters each and had to make 7 banner pieces of each of our letters. I was assigned H and S. These were so much fun to make and I can't wait to see what everyone else created!! The base for all of my banner pieces are mat board and they are painted red. Here is my H....


I added Snow Texture to the edges of all of these banner pieces and the H was created in My Digital Studio. I cut out the decorative label shape and added two layers of UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel ) to make the piece sturdy. Behind the letter piece, there are silver snowflakes that I dabbed white paint onto to look like snow and cut them in half. I added a little chipboard candy cane and a snowflake to the H piece and for the final touch, I added a jingle bell to the tip of the banner base.



For the banner pieces with S, I added German Glitter Glass in bronze tone to the edges. I love German Glitter Glass!!!! It's so chunky and sparkly and pretty!!


I created the S in My Digital Studio and cut them using a large Spellbinders scallop die. The ruffle behind the S is a 2 inch wide wired gold glittered swirl patterned ribbon. I cut a piece of the ribbon about 30 inched in length, then cut it in half using pinking shears. I bent the wire on one end to lock it in place and on the other end, I started pulling the wire to create ruffles in the ribbon. I added the ruffled piece around the back side of the scalloped S piece with hot glue and then adhered it to the banner base. In the triangle tip of each banner piece I added a flat back bling piece. I added gold Stickles to the edges of the scallop S piece for a final touch.


On all the banner pieces I added a large red Stampin' Up eyelets to the upper corners so that all the banner pieces can be strung to hang. I really do love how they all turned out. I hope all the other ladies like them :)

That's all from me tonight. I'll be back later in the week to share some ongoing projects. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: