Monday, October 21, 2013

Canvas of Me!

I started creating this canvas a couple of months ago and then put it aside to work on other things. When I was invited to a weekend scrapbooking retreat, I thought this would be a perfect project to finish. The picture is me as a baby. I was chunky wasn't I? yep, I was born with a double chin!! lol

 

The canvas base was painted pink and then I glued crumpled coffee filters all over it. I rubbed a Tim Holtz distress ink pad all over the canvas to make the wrinkles in the coffee filters pop. The picture was double mounted first on a pink designer paper then a dark brown. The roses were made using the same pink designer paper and a Spellbinders rose die cut. After the rose pieces were cut out, I inked the edges and sprayed them with water so that I could shape them. I really love how they all turned out :) The leaves are a green designer paper cut out with a Spellbinders die cut. After I glued the leaves and roses down, there was a gap, so to I filled in with some moss and other small little paper flowers. I wrote sweet on the tag and tied a piece of lace to the top and tucked it in behind the roses.


I really enjoyed my weekend retreat and I will be going back in January!! I will share pictures tomorrow of the awesome bed and breakfast we stayed at. It was really cool!
I told you the other day about my computer problems. I have had to start all over with my picture files and it really stinks! I will be using an online photo locker from now on!! Which ones do you like best? 

That's all from me tonight. Until next time...  
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!
~Lorrie

No comments: