Saturday, October 5, 2013

Candy Corn Banner

I know I have mentioned before that one of my most favorite blogs is Melissa Phillips' LilyBean Paperie. I love every single one of her projects and get so much inspiration from her :) So when I saw her candy corn banner, I wanted to try to make one of my own. She made hers out of paper, but I have been on a roll with sewing fabric projects, so that's what I chose to use.



The top yellow piece is from Stampin' Up!, the middle piece is a flowery orange that I have used in other projects and the white piece is from a bed skirt piece that I bought at a thrift store. I sewed the layers together in a long strip and then cut the triangles out. I also cut another piece of flower printed fabric for the back and a piece of white t-shirt type fabric for a batting between the front and back pieces.


I sewed all three pieces together and then, using my pinking shears, I trimmed around where I sewed. Then I sewed some lace between the white and orange portion and glued some orange pom-pom trim between the orange and yellow portion of each piece. For the hanger, I just sewed a strip of the same yellow fabric and sewed them to either end of the banner. I also added some buttons across the top. I made this banner to be two sided...


Cute, huh?


This side also has cute yellow and orange buttons added. Another look at the candy corn side, shall we?



I finished the lantern that I started altering last week. Wait until you see the transformation!! I will share that tomorrow :)

Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!
\




Linking up to these awesome parties!!



No comments: