Saturday, October 26, 2013

Altered Matchbox Swap

I joined a swap where we had to alter two large matchboxes in the style that our swap partner wanted. My partner wanted browns and blues and a beachy feel. Now, we were only supposed to alter two, but my partner sent a picture of one that she liked the colors of and it was three stacked on top of each other to make a little dresser. I loved it! and my matches came in a pack of three so why not, right?


I used a variety of designer papers and card stock. I tried to just cover the boxes with papers, but it made them too thick to fit into the covers, so I took one of the drawers apart and made a template. Then I made my own drawers with card stock.



The top and the bottom drawers are blue card stock and the center one is brown. I added a piece of decorative paper to the fronts of each drawer and also inside the bottoms of each. The drawer pulls are a large eyelet and then strung a pearl through each with ribbon and attached it on the inside of the drawers.


I decorated the top with lace, tulle ribbon tied in a bow around the box, little flowers, some pearls on a string spray, some little pearl stems and a sea shell. I wanted to give her the beachy colors and feel without it being cheesy. I think it turned out elegant!!


I added little wooden beads with a pearl to the bottom to create feet. I think this added so much character to it!


I added little goodies to each drawer like flat backs, lace, ribbon, a stamp, some bling and some charms. I hope she likes it all! We were also supposed to make a card for our partner, so I made mine to somewhat match the dresser.


I will share the details of the card tomorrow :)

I have been working on one other swap project and hope to share that soon, it's just not completed yet. I also have got to get started on Christmas presents and items to sell at a craft fair that I've signed up for. Can you believe Christmas is only 8 weeks away? My where has this year gone? I have so many ideas in mind for gifts this year. Will you be making most of your gifts? I love making and receiving handcrafted gifts!

Well, that's all from me tonight. Be back tomorrow!!
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!
~Lorrie

Linking up at these awesome parties...


1 comment:

Linda Kilsdonk said...

This is an unbelievably precious project. Your recipient will be thrilled! Beautiful job! Linda @ www.paperseedlings.com