Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tussie Mussie with a Pink Pumpkin

A pink pumpkin? Why not?!!
I joined an exchange in a Facebook group where we were to create a Halloween Tussie Mussie that must include a miniature spoon. The base for the tussie mussie was supposed to be a toilet paper roll tube covered in paper. I did not use the toilet paper roll on mine, because that kinda creeps me out, lol. I talked it over with my partner and she feels the same way!! Thanks goodness!! I used a piece of chipboard as my base and covered it with designer paper.


My partner said she likes Autumn colors orange and brown, but wanted some pink added as well. I thought the pink was going to be a challenge for me, but I remembered that I saw pumpkins painted pink on Pinterest and so that's what I did!!


I should have taken a picture of the pumpkin before I painted it, but it was a real dark pumpkin color. The berries were darker, too so I white washed them. Well, I pink washed them, lol.
I used my paper crimper on a piece of a pink and a green paper and cut them in strips to create a filler to put in the cone for the pumpkin and other items to sit on. Next I added some leaves and a piece of lace that I sprayed with inks to stain it. The pumpkin, berries and a little rose was added on top of the lace.

This is the spoon I used. It's an old tarnished spoon that we
got at a yard sale.

I added some alcohol inks to the spoon to distress it. I also
added some pink paint before I Mod Podged a cute little
image from The Graphics Fairy to the spoon.

 
After the Mod Podge on the spoon was dry, I added stickles around the spoon rim. I also printed off a pumpkin seed packet from The Graphics Fairy and glued it to a skewer so that I could make it stand up inside the tussie mussie. For the hanger, I added a pretty pink ribbon and also some lace and scrunched seam binding.


 I really hope that my exchange partner likes it! I may have to make one for myself :)

I am working on another banner, this time one for me! It's burlap and fabric and will say "Fall"
and I will share it as soon as I finish the letters on it.
Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: