Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Beginnings of a Halloween Banner

My daughter Mariah AKA The Photographer asked me to make a Halloween banner for her Halloween mini sessions. I love making her photo props :)
Although, I am not a Halloween person. Well, I like the cutesy Halloween stuff, but I hate horror movies and blood and gore stuff. My son on the other hand loves anything horror and frightening!
I wanted the banner to be fun and whimsical, but to keep it fall looking, so what better material to use than burlap?!!!


I used some burlap ribbon that I cut the v shape out of and sewed two pieces together to make it sturdy. Then I sewed them all together with orange ribbon. I have to find some cute letters, but this was the most time consuming part of it. I am thinking thin wood letters, just have to find the right ones. I am thinking that the letters should be turquoise. Orange and turquoise are so pretty together!! What do you think? Or maybe just black? Mariah got some skeletons she wants me to add to it. Maybe, I'll do this one with black letters and make myself an Autumn banner with the turquoise :)


I also used the last bit of the burlap ribbon from the wreath project in the last post. I gathered it to make it slightly ruffle and it is now on my mantle. I will try to get a picture tomorrow when it's sunny and brighter in the house.

That's all from me tonight! Hope y'all have a great Monday! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: