Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fall Rag Banner

I saw a rag banner on Pinterest and knew I had to try to make one. I just received some Stampin' Up! fabric and thought they would be perfect to make a fall rag banner!!


Aren't they yummy? They are called Spice Cake and Comfort Café and are on the clearance page. I should have bought more but I only used a portion of each to make the banner.
The first thing I did was cut a piece of twill ribbon about 2 1/2 - 3 feet long and tied a loop on either end. This will be my base. Then I snipped the edge of each fabric piece about an inch apart, making 6 snips so that I would have 6 strips. Then I ripped each piece to make the rags and folded them in half. Here are the stacks of each design ready to tie onto the base.

 
 
Here is the finished rag banner!! 


Want to know how I made it? I have pictures! It's pretty easy, in fact I think we learned out to tie this kind of knot in elementary school :) but in case you don't remember or never learned, here is a little tutorial :)

Lay your strip of fabric under your base ribbon. Remember the
fabric strip is folded in half. The folded part is at the top.
Where the fold is, put your thumb in and form a loop.
Now pull the bottom of the strip over the top of
the base and stick it into the loop.
Pull the bottom of the strip all the way through the loop and tighten.
Pull it tightly to form the knot.
This will be the back.
Here is a close up of the rags from the front.
I love the soft colors all together.

 Here is one more look at the complete banner.


This would be cute in a nursery or to use as a photo prop for cute babies :) The latter is probably what it will be once Mariah sees it, lol

I finally finished the "fall" banner that I was making for myself, but it was already getting dark, so I didn't take pictures of it yet. I will share that tomorrow when I can get good pictures.

Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!



No comments: