I started putting this banner together last week and finally finished it this weekend. I had intended to make this to hang on my Hoosier cabinet, but I made it a little too long. I may try it over the mantle :)
The letters are mounted on burlap pieces just like the Halloween banner that I showed you last week. The burlap is 6 inch wide ribbon that I folded and cut the "v" to make the flag shape and the orange triangle pieces are flower patterned fabric that I had in my stash.
The ribbon I used for the hanger is from Stampin' Up! I love that ribbon but never used it on my cards because it's so wide, but it's perfect for banners!!
The letters are chipboard that I painted with Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint and when dry, I added a coat of Mod Podge to seal them. I just hot glued them to the burlap flag pieces.
Before I hang it over the mantle, I need to do a little more styling of a few things. I have an old window that I've been wanting to do something with for a while and think it will work perfect to hang the banner on, but it needs some work first.
I didn't really work on anything much this weekend because yesterday was Dakota's birthday! Can't believe my bug is 14 years old.
He got lots of comic related figures and money (to buy more comics, lol). I gave him a KISS cd because he is an 80's kid at heart :) He loves classic rock!! I love this kid!!
That's all from me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!
the wasted space
6 hours ago