Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cute Curtain for an Ugly Backdoor

I made another curtain today, this time for my ugly backdoor. Yes, my backdoor is probably the ugliest of all backdoors! I hope to replace it early next year, but for now, it just needed something cute. Yellow gingham is cute. I found this cute yellow gingham table cloth at the thrift store for $1.00 and immediately thought it would make a cute curtain!.


I cut it in half and sewed the red rick rack across the bottom. Then I sewed the curtain rod pocket in the top and voila! A cute curtain!! Here it is hanging in my art house before getting it ready to hang on the backdoor.


And here it is hanging on the backdoor!! The lighting in my house is not very good, sorry this pic is not the greatest.


So the backdoor is still somewhat ugly, but the cute curtain helps cover up some of the ugly, lol

I also made a curtain for Dakota's bedroom window earlier this week. Again, the lighting in my house is horrible, but you get the idea.


Yes, it's Star Wars!! We found a bolt of this fabric for $12.00 and even after making this curtain, I have tons left. I may try my hand at making pillow cases. The fabric is thin cotton so, I backed the curtain with drop cloth from Lowe's. Love that stuff!! Have you used drop cloths for anything creative? Would love to see what you made!

I am so happy that this is a three day weekend. I have been busy making birthday invitations for my granddaughter who will be 2 next week!! I can't believe she is 2 already! I am also working on a Happy Birthday banner. The party theme is Bubble Guppies and Amber and I have had fun finding stuff to decorate with and snack ideas. I will share all of that soon.

Hope y'all have a great Labor Day!! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: