Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Burlap Initial Wreath and a Sweet Birthday Girl

I found some burlap ribbon at Hobby Lobby that was $6.00 for 10 yards! I wish I had gotten all they had, but when I went back the other day, it was all gone. Never fails. lol.
What better way to use this awesome burlap than to make a wreath?!


I used a regular green Christmas type wreath and added the burlap ribbon. The "L" also came from Hobby Lobby. I painted it with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint and added a little burlap flower that I made a while back. This was the easiest and quickest wreath I have ever made! AND I have a yard of the burlap ribbon left over!



Today was my granddaughter's 2nd birthday party and it was so much fun!! She was the cutest thing ever!! Here is the cutest little birthday girl ever!


The party theme was Bubble Guppies and I showed the happy birthday banner that I made in the last post. I also made the cake and cupcake toppers by printing each character, cutting them out and laminating them (and cutting them out again).

Bubble Guppies Birthday Cake

Bubble Guppies Cupcakes (I made the stand out of a chandelier and plates)

Cake and Cupcake Table

The Bubble Guppies theme was so much fun!! My daughter ordered the cake from Publix and my cousin made the cupcakes, then I added the characters to them. The party was great and lots of family and friends came to celebrate with us.

This has been a really long day so I am going to say goodnight! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: