Monday, August 5, 2013

Travel Crop Scrapbook Page Challenge

When I attended the Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts Travel Crop in May, each of us was given an identical pack of supplies and were challenged to create a page using what was in the pack. Included in the pack were two awesome pictures of all of us that attended, one regular pose and one crazy pose! lol This is the page that I created and I am so happy to report that I won!! I am so honored by this awesome group of talented ladies!!


I used all the items in the packet, but not necessarily exactly how they are normally used. I wanted it to be soft and girly and the main colors to be blue and pink. The letters were in a pack of different colored sticker letters, so I chose my title because those were the letters that were in pink. The circle was actually a part of a kit where you add pictures and the top piece turned to reveal the pictures underneath, if that makes sense. Well, I could not figure out how that thing worked and it had an ugly print on it to boot! So, I turned it over to the white back side and used a scalloped punch to make it look like a large doily. Yes, that looks a lot better!!


The packet had these awesome chipboard arrows and other pieces. My initial idea was to make it look like a clock because of the title being Crop Time, but I didn't have enough room for numbers so I just put the arrows in the position to resemble a clock. Not sure if people get that or not, but the arrows are still cool. I painted them pink and then distressed them with some ink. Some of the flowers came in the packet and the rolled flowers I made using the other papers in the packet. There was also bling strips that I tucked in with the flowers and stickers that I added here and there.

 
 
Here you can see the pictures a little closer up. All of these ladies are awesome!! Look at how crazy we can get!
 

 
I put this page in a shadow box to display it in my craft room :) I couldn't get a great picture of it in the frame because there was not great lighting, but you get the idea.


The admins are already planning next year's travel crop! It takes a lot of planning and work, but they are great at it!

That's all from me tonight. Tomorrow I will share the bracelets I made last week while on "stay-cation". Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: