Saturday, August 24, 2013

Key Holder and Organizer Frame

We had this very rustic frame sitting around the house and I wanted to do something with it, but I wasn't sure what to do.
 

 
I sanded it down a little because it was very rough and splintery. Then I just started slapping paint on it. I first used Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint and then when dried, I added an aqua acrylic paint. I also dry brushed a little red on some of the edges. When it was completely dry, I sanded it on the edges and then added dark wax in some areas and clear wax all over.
 
 
I added burlap to the board that came out of the frame and also added red rick rack and some buttons to the right hand side of the board. For the left side of the board I added a key holder that I have had for years. This key holder is actually older than me. My Dad had a childhood friend that was killed in Vietnam and his father made several of these keys out of a box that his belongings came home in. My parents had it hanging in their house when I was growing up and it has been a couple of different colors over the years. It was plain wood, then my Mom painted it orange, then I painted it red and for this project I wanted it not so bright red, so I dry brushed white paint and distressed it.
 

 
Here it is all put together and hanging near my back door!!
 
 
I love it!! I have been wanting something next to the key holder to keep notes and reminders and this is perfect!!

I have been working on a shelf makeover, but I'm not finished with it yet. I have to make curtains for Dakota's room tomorrow and I have a couple of digital invitations to work on as well. My sweet Elizabeth will be 2 years old next month!! We are working on her invites and party decorations and are so excited!! I will share all these projects as they are completed :)

Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!













Linking up to...

No comments: