Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Christmas in July Gift Tag Swap

The Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts group had a Christmas in July Gift Tag swap and these are the two tags that I created. We had so many people sign up for the swap that we had to make groups of 10 people so we wouldn't each have to make so many. I signed up for two of the groups because one of the groups was a little short.

The first tag I made is a gingerbread girl and I am so excited with how they turned out!! I got the idea from an applique that I found online.

 
I created a template for the gingerbread girl and traced it onto Creamy Caramel cardstock. To make it darker gingerbread color, I rubbed a Tim Holtz Tea Stain dauber all over the paper. Then the real fun stuff started!! I added googlie eyes and drew on the eyelashes and mouth, added buttons, rick rack, lace and tulle for the skirt and a bow on her head.
 
The second one I decided to use an angel image that I found online as the focal point. I made the tag base out of manila folders that I cut down to tag size.


I printed the angel on cardstock, cut it out and mounted it on a scallop cutout that I had stamped with a sheet music stamp and mounted that piece on an Olive Green scallop. The "to and from" stamp is from the $1.00 bin at Michael's. I also added a piece of crinkle seam binding ribbon at the top for the hanger.

Although the tags are really different, I love them both. I am definitely going to make some more of the gingerbread girl tags for my Christmas packages :) Well, ok, the angel one, too :)

I haven't received my swaps yet, but I will share them when I get them.

That's it from me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: