Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cherry Kitchen Curtains

I purchased this sweet hand stitched tablecloth from an Etsy shop several weeks ago and originally was going to use it on a table, but as soon as I received it, I thought it would make a cute kitchen curtain!

 
 
I love the little cherries and pears cross-stitching and the little yellow crocheted edging! Isn't it cute?! 



I cut the tablecloth in half and sewed a piece of red gingham fabric for the tops of the curtains. I've always loved red gingham. It's so cheery! And it goes so well with this tablecloth :)
Here they are hung in my kitchen window!!


I love how they look in my kitchen!! I bought the little dried fruit and cinnamon wreath years ago at a craft fair and have been collecting the bottles for years. I have an obsession with bottles, big and small. The "APPLES" sign came from the ABC catalog a very loooong time ago.


Every time I go in the kitchen, I smile :)

Besides making the curtains today, I worked on painting a frame and a shelf, but didn't finish them yet. It's been raining here the last couple of days, so the paint is not drying as quick, so it's taking longer to get them done. Hopefully I can get them finished tomorrow. I will share them as soon as they are complete!! Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: