Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cow Plaque

I bought this cow plaque from Good Will for $2.50, but it was kinda ugly. I saw it's potential though and for $2.50 how could I resist?!! I forgot to take a picture of it before I slapped the first coat of paint on it, but you can see that it had pink hearts and flowers all over it, lol.


It only took two coats of Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint to cover the pink! Love that paint :)

 
I printed my words out backwards, laid it print side down where I wanted the words to be and rubbed the letters with a bone folder to transfer the ink onto the cow.

 
I then painted the letters with black paint. Now I don't have a great steady hand, so the letters are not perfect, but that's ok, because I don't like perfect and wasn't going for a perfect look anyway!!

 

I sanded it a little to distress it, added dark wax all over it and then clear wax and buffed it out.


I love the final results!! Isn't she a beauty?! I am going to display her in my dining room :)
I will be looking for more awesome finds from the Good Will to alter!!

Thanks for visiting today. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: