Thursday, July 4, 2013

Altered Mason Jar for Cheri

I participated in an exchange in the Creative Swappers Facebook group where we were partnered with one other person and we altered a mason jar for our partner. I was partnered with Cheri, who is also in the Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts Facebook group with me. We have been partnered together before and her style is very similar to mine, so she was a perfect partner for me!! Meaning, not everyone likes the funky shabby chic style that I tend to use in my crafting, lol. Anywho, this is the jar that I created for her. I hope she likes it!!


I started with a wide mouth mason jar and Mod Podged a printed tissue paper and added layers of printed napkins and different washi tapes. Then came the old Scrabble wood tiles to spell out her name. I am getting down to the end of my supply on those tiles :(


Around her name I added lots of flowers and bits and bobs. The number 3 you see there is from a piece of Tim Holtz tape measure ribbon. I used the part with the 3 on purpose to represent her 3 children (another thing we have in common, we both have 3 kids).


I added the lid to the jar and decorated it to the hilt as well! I'm not sure why, but in my head I thought a nest would be perfect for the top and of course I had to add a little bird surrounded by flowers. To finish it off, I added tea stained lace around the lid base.

I altered another Mason jar for myself a couple of months ago for Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts' Travel Crop. We had a contest between the admin for the "Most Crafty Admin",  where we each decorated a jar and the members dropped spare change in the jar of the admin they thought was the most crafty. I am so proud that I was voted the Most Crafty Admin and I won a beautiful etched vase! The ladies in that group are so awesome!! My jar is very similar, well almost the same, lol as Cheri's. I almost feel like everything I have made lately is starting to look the same, lol. I think I better switch things up a bit and try something new and different!

Hope y'all have a wonderful and safe 4th of July and a fun weekend!! It is hot as usual here in SC, but we have had enough rain lately so it's safe to shoot fireworks. We will be grilling out later this afternoon. Yummy food!! I better go get things ready.

Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: