Sunday, June 2, 2013

"Love These 3" Canvas

Sorry I have been MIA lately. Life got a little crazy after the travel crop. I still haven't gotten everything put away and the art house really needs a good purging and cleaning up, but it will take a while. I did manage to get several different projects completed today!! This is the canvas that I started working on at the travel crop and I finally finished it last night :)



This color combo is one of my favorite lately. So fresh and fun!! I started by painting the canvas blue and Mod Podged torn coffee filters all over it. When that was dried, I rubbed a Tim Holtz distress ink pad all over it to highlight the wrinkles. Next, I randomly dry brushed on white and orange acrylic paint on the canvas and also took the distress ink pad and just stamped with it to make the square pattern. I used a piece of plastic canvas as a stencil and applied some modeling paste in random spots, then when dried I rubbed the same distress ink pad over those areas.



The chipboard letters and the wooden number 3 were painted with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint, then painted with orange acrylic paint and distressed. That's all I got done to the canvas while at the travel crop and then it just sat untouched until this past week.


I painted the picture frame with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint and then added Crackle Paint Medium to it and then painted it with orange acrylic paint. It did not crackle as much as I wanted, but I still like it :) The picture is one that was taken about 2 1/2 years ago. I printed it in sepia tone so the colors would not compete. The blue and yellow flowers are from a bunch that I bought at Michael's for $1.00 and I made the little brown one. I made the butterfly a while back. It was stamped, embossed, cut out, glittered and finally painted. The bow was made from brown mesh ribbon from Stampin' Up! I tucked the little pearl accent behind the bow just to add a little touch of whimsy :)


I felt like it needed something and have seen and used banners a lot lately and thought that would be really cute. I cut each triangle out of some coordinating papers, punched slits in the top of each and strung them on blue crinkled seam binding.
I really love this canvas!!! It will be hanging proudly in my living room :)

I know this post has been long winded, thanks for hanging in there with me :)
I hope y'all have a great week!! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: