Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Grayson Little Monkey Canvas

This is my sweet grandson Grayson. He is the sweetest little boy :)


This is a canvas that I started working on before he was even born. Mariah (my daughter AKA Grayson's Mommy) started planning the sock monkey themed nursery the minute she found out she was pregnant. I was a little worried that he might be scared of all those monkeys in his room, but am happy to report that he loves them!!

 
This canvas is 16x20. I painted it with red acrylic paint and then Mod Podged crumpled tissue paper all over it.  The chipboard letters were painted blue and then stamped with a canvas stamp in brown ink. I got the picture frame from Goodwill for $1.00. First I painted it with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint and then in blue acrylic paint. I sanded some of the blue paint off to distress it and then added dark wax to the edges and in the crevasses. Finally I added a coat of clear wax.
 
 
I added burlap inside the frame and put the picture on top of the burlap. The little burlap flower was made with some scraps. The little felt monkey came in a pack of monkey stickers. You will see more of those on another project :)
 
 
Under the frame, I glued cork letters spelling "cute". Then I glued a piece of burlap ribbon in a pleated pattern along the bottom. I strung the "little monkey" letters on a piece of wire and tied it to the burlap ribbon with red thread.
I gave this canvas to Mariah, along with a name banner that I made for our little monkey's room :)
I will share the banner with you tomorrow!!
Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
 

No comments: