Monday, April 1, 2013

Shaving Cream Background Tutorial

A couple posts back I showed you an Easter card that I created using the shaving cream technique. I put this tutorial together while I was making that card.

First you need foamy shaving cream.
Any brand will do.
 

Add some shaving cream to a plate that you
don't mind getting messy.  (I used an old box lid)
Add ink to the shaving cream and swirl it around. I used an
ink spray that I just poured some out of the bottle.
Next you take a piece of paper and dip it into the shaving cream.
It will look like this.
Wipe off the shaving cream and this is what you get!! It's swirly
and cool looking :)
I wanted to add a second color, so I used a couple of drops from
a purple re-inker. Then swirl it around.
This is the result!!
I made the butterfly using this paper and also a strip of it on my Easter card.


Have you tried the shaving cream technique? If not I hope you do! It really does create some awesome backgrounds.

That's going to be all from me today! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

1 comment:

mamawcindy said...

Love It! So Cool! Thanks for showing how you did it. I think I may have my Grand Kids help me with this Technique. I think they would have fun. Thanks :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com