Saturday, April 20, 2013

Altered Earring Holder Frame

This poor little frame was sitting in the Good Will just waiting for it's new home. It was dark brown and the backing was messed up, but it had a lot of potential. Nothing a little paint can't fix, right?

 

I took the back of the frame off and painted the whole thing with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint, then the turquoise acrylic paint. When it was dry, I brushed Annie Sloan Dark Wax all over it to let it settle in all the cracks, then wiped the excess off. The plastic canvas was cut to size and glued in place in the back of the frame.


I love, love, love how it turned out!!! This will be for sale at an upcoming craft fair. I am on the hunt for more frames. I can see this done in so many cool colors :)

My daughter, Mariah still has not had baby Grayson yet. We are just waiting!! Can't wait to meet that little monkey :) I made him a name banner for the nursery, but need to put some finishing touches on it. I also made a canvas, just waiting on him to get here to add the picture to it. I'll share those as soon as they are complete.

What crafty things have y'all made lately? Would love to see!! Leave me a comment with a link to your latest project and I will check it out!!

That's all from me for now. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: