Sunday, April 14, 2013

Altered Dress Form Exchange


This month I am in an altered dress form exchange in the Shabby Chic Crafters Facebook group. You can find the group HERE and join! There are always awesome exchanges and swaps going on over there!! My partner is my very sweet friend and co-admin of the Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts group, Terri :) I really hope she likes it!!


I purchased the dress form at Joann's Fabrics for about $8.00 (I had a coupon so it was a little cheaper than that!). I started out by painting the whole thing with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint, then Mod Podged torn strips of a key printed tissue paper over the whole dress form.


I added two different kinds of lace to form a cute skirt and the rose ribbon around the waste. The rose ribbon is originally a hot pink color, but I added white Tim Holtz stain and then the tea stain to make the color more of a wine color. The neck is adorned with a flat pearl strip and a necklace that I made with a piece of distressed organza ribbon with a clock piece and a key. The flower is a made from a piece of lace, a rose from the same ribbon strip that is around the waste and some pearl beads attached to the back.



The chipboard wings are from Maya Road that I painted white, stamped French Script in Dark Brown ink and then rubbed Tim Holtz Tea Stain on it. I added a key to the center of the wings.


I love how it all came together!! I bought an extra dress form to alter for myself :) Not sure when I will be able to make the time to alter mine, though, with all the projects I've got going on.

I finally finished the wreath I was telling you about. I will show it to y'all tomorrow. I better get off the computer and go get stuff ready to start the week. So until tomorrow...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: