Monday, March 4, 2013

Secret Sister Journal Book




 I gave you a sneak peak of this journal book last week and I can finally share the entire project with y'all! My secret sister received it and whew! She loved it! I am so relieved :) I used all K&Co papers for the book, except for the kraft journal pages, they are from Stampin' Up! For the cover, I applied some modeling paste using a polka dot stencil. When it was dry, I rubbed a distress ink pad all over the page and then using a swirl stencil, I sprayed some turqouise ink on the page. The smaller creamy flowers are from K&Co and the larger flower on the bottom is one of my clothing pattern flowers with a K&Co flower on top. There is a piece of burlap ribbon under the flowers, along with some beaded trim and a piece of cording. There is a little heart and a bumbke bee tucked in with the flowers that my friend Kristie made using UTEE poured into molds. Love how she makes those!! The number 3 is a house number that I got from Michael's on clearance. I painted it and used crackle paint on it and really distressed it and I love how it turned out!! Not sure I can replicate that treatment again, lol. The butterfly is from a K&Co pack, too.


The journal letters are old Scrabble tiles. I have really used a lot of those! Wish I could find more. Below are the pictures of the rest of the pages in the book.


 














I used my Bind It All to put the book together. It was so much fun making this! I think I'll make myself one of these little journals :)

Some of the things I am working on this month and will share as soon as I can. The swaps I'm in are Magnets for a group swap, an Easter basket for a secret sister swap and an altered egg carton for a partner swap. These are going to be so much fun to work on!! I also have in the works some altered aprons, some greeting  cards and I just purchased a Maya Road canvas messenger bag that I will alter. What are some things y'all are working on? I would love to see!

Some of these things have to wait a couple of days, because I have the yucky sinusitus and bronchitis! Hopefully the meds will kick in and start working so I will feel well enough to get out to the art house soon!

That's all from me for today. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

1 comment:

Olivia Fulmer said...

I love that journal! You're going to have to teach me how to make those flowers!