Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Sweet Mom's Birthday Card

Yesterday was my sweet Mom's birthday and this is the card I made for her.


All papers are from a K&Co paper pack. I did some stitching to some of the pieces and all edges are distressed and inked. The flower is several of the papers die cut with different Spellbinders. Between each flower layer, I glued some chipboard "shims" to add dimension. I added the blue bling to the center of the flower and some pearls on string behind the flower. The Happy Birthday is a Stampin' Up! sentiment that is stamped in Tea Dye Distress Ink and then punched using a Stampin' Up! curly label punch. I am happy to report that Mom really loved her card and all her little gifts!



I have been out of the crafty mode for a bit. I was sick and missed work for a whole week and then last week I was out of town for a Special Olympics Tennis tournament with Dakota. He won gold!! and we got to walk on the beach several times. While we were in Hilton Head, I took him to a seafood restaurant and he had lobster for the very first time.



He looks like a pretty happy kid there, doesn't he? He said he likes lobster but it's a lot of hard work! I am finally getting back into the swing of things and am getting some swaps finished up. Then it's on to making gifts for birthdays and creating some items for a crop coming up. I will share all these projects with y'all as soon as I can.

It's getting late, so I am going to hit the hay! Until next time..
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: