Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Valentine Swap


The January swap for Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts was Valentine themed. We were to create a Valentine using whatever medium we wanted. I had just received a package from Maya Road and that included their little Heart Shaped Tart Tins. How perfect they would be for this swap! Except there were only 10 tart tins and we were to make 17 Valentines. So, I looked high and low on the internet and found them on clearance for 69 cents each! As soon as I received them, I got to work. I decided to make all of the hearts the same.


I started with a piece of designer paper cut out in heart shape to the inside of each heart. I made the pouffy flower with pink felt. I am working on a tutorial for how to make them and will share that later this week. Under the felt flower I tucked in a piece of lace and added a little hot pink flower that is actually a flower ribbon from Maya Road. I stamped the "Happy Valentine's Day" on Confetti White cardstock, cut into strips with the ends snipped and rolled the ends with a bone folder. That's it!! Once I got one done, the other 16 came together quickly :)


Aren't they cute? Yeah, I think so, too!! I should have made an extra one for myself.

Tomorrow I will share a little Valentine hanger that I created for a challenge. So until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: