Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine Love Hanger


I made this little Valentine Love hanger for a weekly challenge on the Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts Facebook page. We were to create something romantic, any medium of our choosing and had to include something tea stained and something burgundy. I started with a chipboard coaster that I colored with Tim Holtz Tea Stain Distress Dye. Next is a layer of K&Co designer paper cut out with a Spellbinders scallop die cut. The "LOVE" is a chipboard piece and is painted pink and then distressed with the same Tim Holtz distress dye. Across the top of the coaster I added a piece of tea stained lace and a piece of Maya Road rose ribbon that I had to add distress dye to to make it the dark burgundy.


The hanger is a piece of crinkled seam binding and I tied a chipboard heart with key to it with a second piece of seam binding. And that's it!! It came together pretty quickly.

I am going to an all day crop tomorrow and I can't wait!! I get to see some of my favorite crafting buddies :) So I guess I better go get all packed up. Until next time... 
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: