Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sweet Adorable Angel


I made this canvas for Elizabeth's other Grandmother (they call her Nana) for her birthday. I used the same picture as the one I made for Amber for Christmas because I just love that picture. I started off by painting the canvas an aqua blue and Mod Podged crumpled tissue paper over the whole canvas. When it was dry I rubbed a distress ink pad all over it to bring out the wrinkles. I used several different patterned papers on this canvas. There are flowers, buttons and ribbon galore on there, too! There are two little chipboard fancy shapes on there that a new crafting friend gave me :)


Some of the flowers I made and some are silk or ribbon flowers that I purchased. The words on the tag (sweet adorable angel) were part of a designer paper that I just cut out, distressed and then shaped with a bone folder to make them wavy.


I cut the letters out on my Cricut. On some of the buttons I used ribbon and on others I tied twine in a bow. I really had fun creating this canvas and Elizabeth's Nana really loved it.
I have been busy altering a cigar box for a Secret Sister Swap and am almost done with it. I have to finish another swap that I am in, too. I will share them after the other swappers receive them.
I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday!! That means that I can stay up late and work on projects :)
Hope y'all have a great Friday! Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: