Saturday, December 22, 2012

Penelope Name Banner

My cousin's daughter, Stephanie is have a baby girl named Penelope very soon and had a baby shower a couple of weeks ago. This is what I made for her.


This is the best picture I could get of the whole banner. Yeah, I know it's bad, lol. Let's take a look at each letter, they are better :)









Her nursery colors are turquoise and coral, so I made the banner with different hues of those colors. The letters are K&Company chipboard letters that were pink, but I colored them with a Copic marker to make them a deep coral color. Each letter is mounted on a chipboard coaster that is covered in patterned paper from a K&Company paper pack. The scallops are also from the same paper pack. After all the papers were adhered, I sealed it with Mod Podge. Each coaster is decorated with different ribbons, laces, trims and buttons.

This is how I wrapped it to give it to her...


The clear box is what some decorative pumpkins for a fall project came in. I thought the boxes would be perfect for unique gift packaging and I was right! :) I folded the banner up, placed it in the box and added irridescent tinsel around it. I tied white tulle around the box and added a couple of tubes of sparkly turquoise deco mesh to the top to make it whimsical.

Christmas is upon us, just 2 more days to go! I am done shopping, almost done wrapping and only have a few groceries to buy for Christmas Eve lunch. My kids, grandbaby and Mom and Dad will be here to eat lunch and open gifts, a new tradition we started last year. We always have brunch at my parent's on Christmas morning with my brother, sister in law and some cousins and their kids. We each bring our "famous" Christmas breakfast dish. I make a casserole made with bread, sausage or bacon, cheese and eggs. It is yummy :)
I hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas with your families and I'll be back with some new projects very soon. Until then...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: