Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Altered Canvas for Amber



I made this canvas for my daughter Amber for Christmas. I made it where she can swap out the picture using the miniature clothes pins. The canvas measure 11x14. I started by painting the canvas an olive green acrylic paint, then Mod Podged layers of crumpled coffee filters over the whole canvas. When it was dry, I rubbed a Creamy Caramel ink pad over the wrinkles in the coffee filters, then randomly dry brushed white paint all over it.



I painted the wooden "E" with Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint and Mod Podged the decorative paper to it. I rubbed the Creamy Caramel ink pad on the edges to distress it and then added the pink organza ribbon tied on a bow and glued a green button with twine tied on it. I adhered the E to the canvas with E6000 glue.


The rose and the sentiment "sweet" were cut out of a sheet of K&Company decorative paper and Mod Podged to the canvas.


I Mod Podged a piece of the same decorative paper used on the "E" to a piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock, then sewed around the edges and Mod Podged the piece to the canvas. I created ruffles with strips of blue decorative paper and sewed down the middle, then hot glued the piece to the top of the canvas. The little letter beads are strung on some wire and just glued down. The two little clothes pins are strung onto a piece of twine that was attached to two pink organza bows with green buttons, then I glued the bows to the top corners of the frame. This way, Amber can change out the picture if she wants. The last little touches added is the lace trim with pink beads adhered across the bottom of the canvas and the lace doily piece with the little flower next to the picture frame. My daughter, Mariah took the sweet picture of Elizabeth during a last minute Christmas photoshoot. I loved this one printed in black and white. She is such a sweet angel, I love her so much!! I am so pleased that Amber likes the canvas :)

We all had such a wonderful Christmas!! I had a terrific four days off work, but tomorrow is back to the old grind :( I'm going to just take it easy the rest of the evening. Hope ya'll had a great Christmas!! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: