Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Finally Can Share This!!

I was recently in a Secret Santa swap and this is what I made for my Secret Santa..


It is an 11x14 altered canvas, with lots and lots of stuff on it! I started by painting the canvas in blue and green. Then I stamped random images on coffee filters, tore them in pieces and then Mod Podged them to the canvas. I glued pieces of designer paper that I cut the butterfly, dragonfly and leaf images out of.



I painted the frame with Annie Sloan Old White, added some blue acrylic paint and then applied dark stain to it and rubbed off immediately to age it. Inside the frame is a scene of Paris which is actually a napkin glued to the canvas. The little bird on the frame is stamped and colored and glued into the twigs to make it look like a nest. On the bottom right of the frame is another little fancy chipboard frame that I inked and distressed and then added a little butterfly and flower picture behind it. I added some little flowers around the little frame to finish it off. Along the bottom of the canvas is a piece of lace with pearl beads added to it.


All of the flowers on the right side of the canvas are either paper flower that I made or silk that I have reworked or altered in some way. The silk flowers have been taken apart, inked and only the petals put back together. Have you ever taken a silk flower apart? I did not realize that there are lots of parts and pieces to them. The paper flowers are made of a piece of sheet music patterned paper. There is one flower that I made from felt. It is the brown loopy flower near the top. There are also some little crystal flowers and swirly twigs tucked here and there. The final touch is the scrabble letters spelling out "dream".  I love using these little wooden letters :)

My Secret Santa really loved it and I got lots of sweet compliments on it, too :)

I am going to try to get my Christmas tree up this week. I decided not to put out my lighted village that I usually do, it's just so much work. I am only doing the tree, the mantel and the dining room table. I have a bunch of ideas of how I will decorate the tree this year, thanks to Pinterest, lol. I am going in a whole different direction than I normally do. I will share pics as soon as it's all done.

That's gonna be all from me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: