Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Card Swap


This is the card that I made for the Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts November swap. There is a lot of stuff on this card and lots of layers :) The card base is Old Olive with a layer of red gingham and then a layer of script designer paper. For the Mason Jar, I die cut it, then stamped it and stamped a tree with snowflakes. I brushed the bottom of the jar with glue and then dipped it in iridescent fake snow that I bought at Walmart. I tied a piece of twine around the neck of the jar to finish it off. There is a piece of red/white polka dot washi tape at the bottom and a piece of music note washi tape on top of that.


The flower is made of felt. The star is die cut from designer paper and added the swirls die cut from designer paper. The sentiment is stamped on Chocolate Chip card stock in Real Red ink, then cut out in a tag shape and curled it with a bone folder. The numbers two and five were stamped in Old Olive at the top.


We had to make 15 cards for the swap. When I have to make so many cards at one time, I make them all the same. I completely make the first card as my "template" and then cut everything for the rest of them and then assemble them all. It took a while to make all 15 cards, in fact I went ahead and made a few extra while I was cutting everything.

This past few weeks have been really hectic at work, trying to get our company Christmas party planned and set up and this week we finish up all our projects to help get our boss and his family ready for their Christmas Eve Brunch that they host every year. It is a lot of work and I am so ready for Friday to get here so that I can relax a bit and get the rest of my Christmas gifts purchased and wrapped.
I am working on a few more handmade Christmas gifts this week, too. Will share those after Christmas.
That's all from me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

3 comments:

DeAnna Goen said...

Love the felt flower! I looked at the card several times on FB and didn't even notice that you used a mason jar stamp until I read the blog post. That's a great idea and one I may have to borrow. :)

Cindy Jenkins said...

I really love this card! Love all the layers! I have the jar stamp and never thought to use it as a snow globe idea.....thanks! :)

Dying to know which stamp set you used for the No.2 and No. 5! Such cute numbers!!!

I found you on Pinterest! :)

Have a great one!

Cindy

lorrietori said...

Thanks Cindy :)
The number stamps are from Itty Bitty by Unity and is called Time and Seasons No. Hope this helps!!
~Lorrie