Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ugly Challenge

No, I was not challenged to see how ugly I could be! I was challenged to make something pretty using some pretty ugly and random items. This was a challenge in the Facebook group Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts that I am an admin of. I love this group of crazy talented women (and men)!! We each received an envelope full of strange, random objects that you don't normally associate with scrapbooking or card making. We even had to use the envelope that it all came in! I made a pocket page using the envelope as the base.


On the front, I Mod Podged the rooster napkin to the envelope. The green flower is made from a strip of green and white polka dot fabric. The flower next to it is a chipboard piece that was painted red a and the center is made from a piece of foam weatherstripping.


This picture shows the inside tag piece that fits inside the envelope.


Some of the random things that were in my envelope were a straw, a coffee stirrer, tin foil, clothes pin, fabric, printed seam binding and foam weather stripping (black sponge in the pic above). I had to really think outside the box on some of these things, like the straw and coffee stirrer. I cut them in strips and then used a bonefolder to curl them up to make the swirls behind the flowers.
This was a fun challenge, but I don't think I want to ever do another one like it, lol. It was not easy figuring out how to put it all together. I used lots of paint and ink distressing to try and make it all work.

I have got to go through my pictures and post some projects that I completely forgot about. I will be working on that in the next day or so.

I can't believe how time flies. Thanksgiving is next week! and we only have 40 days until Christmas!! Yikes, I need to get myself in gear and get some gifts made :)

That's going to be all from me tonight. Until next time.....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: