Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sheet Music Christmas Ornament


Good Saturday morning!! I hope y'all are having a great weekend so far. I have been really busy working on swaps, a Secret Santa project, Christmas gifts and decorations and challenges. Last week I was in a craft fair and that took a lot of work, but was so much fun. I sold a few things and lots of people asked for my contact info. I even made a new friend or two :)
I made this ornament as an experiment and really love how it turned out! I Mod Podged torn pieces from an old hymnal onto a glass ornament. Before it was completely dry, I added irridescent ice embossing powder and heated it to set. Then I rubbed a Copic marker all over the ornament to give it an aged look. I added a piece of sparkly garnet ribbon to the top and a piece of dark brown ribbon for the hanger.
I have lots of ideas for more ornaments and will be working on those this weekend. I will share those very soon!
I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Thanksgiving is only 5 days away! Can you believe it? And Christmas will be here before you know it, too. I better get in gear making all of the projects that I have floating around in my head, lol.
That's all from me today. We are off to see a movie this afternoon and then tonight I have a wreath to make. Have a happy and safe weekend!!
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!
 
 
Linking to:
 


1 comment:

Jan Hennings said...

What a beautiful Christmas ornament :)