Sunday, November 25, 2012

Special Weekly Challenge



I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Mine was great! Had an awesome time with my family and great food :)
 
 

This card was made for the Scrapbook Friends & More Crafts' weekly challenge, but it was not an ordinary challenge. We were to make a birthday card for the special little niece of one of our members. The specifics were to use the color purple and stickles and the name Kiara and the number 10 had to be on the card. Well, I screwed up and did not put the number 10 on my card!! I'm not eligible to win anyway, because I am an administrator of the group. One thing my card does have is purple!! The card base is Orchid Opulence and all other papers are from a K&Company paper stack.


The flower is made with a Spell Binders scallop die cut and then each "petal" was snipped. There are 5 layers in this flower and between each layer is a small piece of white tulle. Under the flower is a very sparkly butterfly that is actually a Christmas ornament that I got a the Dollar Tree in a pack of six. I took it apart to leave only the wings. The butterfly antennae are made from bead trim. The ribbon is Lilac scrunched seam binding tied in a double bow.


I also decorated the inside with a little cutout butterfly with stickles added to it. I really hope that Kiara likes it and all the cards that were sent to her :)

I finally finished the 15 Christmas cards for this month's swap, also for the Scrapbook Friends group. I will share that after everyone receives theirs, which will be a couple of weeks. I still have to finish my Secret Santa gift. I'll share that, too very soon.

That's all from me tonight. I hope you all have a great week. Until next time..
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: