Monday, November 12, 2012

Christmas Spendor Blog Hop!!

Welcome to my part of the Christmas Splendor Blog Hop hosted by Angela Holt Designs! Each of us on the hop were sent a package of Good Tidings Bling from Want2Scrap to use in a project (or two, or three!)
If you began here you will need to start at the beginning of the blog hop by visiting Angela's Blog first. Follow this link to begin the hop: Angela Holt Designs
The first thing I made with the awesome bling was this sparkly Christmas ornament.
 

On the inside, I used spray adhesive and then inserted Buffalo Snow Flakes (purchased at Walmart) inside the ornament. For the outside, I added the smallest snow flake from the bling packet and also some sparkly, ruffled ribbon. This ornament is really shiny!!

Next, I made a Christmas card using the tree bling piece.


The card base is Stampin' Up! Certainly Celery stamped with the Canvas BG stamp in Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink. The designer papers are also from Stampin' Up! The flower paper was run through the Big Shot using the Divine Swirls embossing folder and then I swiped the Tim Holtz ink pad over the entire piece. The Want2Scrap tree bling was added to the DP by Stampin' Up! and the edges were inked. The bow is made with SU! Early Espresso Scalloped Tulle Ribbon. The sentiment is stamped in Red Stazon on a piece of an old tag that I had left over and the edges are inked and then I made it wavy using  a bone folder.

The last project is a tag Christmas ornament or it can be used on a pretty package.


The base is a distressed tag that I have had a long time. The little snowman is a gift tag that is mounted on a scrap piece of red DP. The blue DP was also a scrap that I had left over from another project. I ran it through the Big Shot with an embossing folder and ink distressed it as well. The flower is made from pages from an old hymnal that were cut out using a Spellbinders scallop die cut. There are layers of  Crumb Cake Tulle Ribbon between the layers of book pages, a piece of red gingham DP and a sparkly green foam ball that I cut in half before gluing to the center of the flower. The Want2Scrap Holly bling is in the top left corner. I colored over the bling using a Copic marker to sort of tone the brightness down. The sentiment is stamped in Red Stazon on a piece of the same tag as the base and ink distressed the edges. I made the sentiment tag wavy using a bone folder.

I hope y'all enjoyed my part of the blog hop!! Thanks for stopping by and I hope I inspired you to create something with some bling!!

Here is a link to all the other awesome gals in the hop!! Be sure to check them out!!

1. Angela Holt (Angela Holt Designs) http://www.angelaholtdesigns.com
2. Connie Mercer-- http://www.craftgoodies.com
3. Lorrie Simons-- http://www.pickledtinkcrafts.blogspot.com/ (YOU ARE HERE NOW!)
4. Tabetha Watson--http://www.tabethascreations.blogspot.com
5. Jan Hennings-- http://papercraftpleasures.blogspot.com
6. Michelle Well-- http://histrulybeloved.blogspot.com/
7. Dee Dee Carton--http://www.umwowstudio.com
8. Barbara Ohanlon- link to her Facebook page HERE
9. Susan Brown--http://www.sbartist.com

Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!

15 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

I love the Christmas ornament! Such pretty projects :)

Dare2Bme said...

Really like your ornament Card and Tag.. Awesome

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

raloved your projects - especially the Christmas card - it's lovely!

Connie Mercer said...

beautiful projects!!!

Brenda said...

Love your projects,especially that gorgeous tag.

Angela Holt said...

How awesome are these projects??? I love each and everyone!!! Awesome ideas for using the bling!!! Thank you so much for being a part of my blog hop!!!

Rhonda R. said...

Beautiful projects I love them all, but I am partial to tags so your cute little would have to be my fist choice... but they are all awesome projects :))

Donna said...

LOVE that ornament!!

Ann said...

All beautiful projects! Your card is gorgeous!!

LoriM said...

Love all of your projects, but my fav is the ornament! TFS!!

LoriM

Michelle Wells said...

All the projects are awesome, I especially like the ornament and the snowman tag!

lorrietori said...

thanks so much for all the sweet comments!! it was so much fun working with the Want2Stamp bling and being in the blog hop!!

hobbemom said...

so pretty and what a neat idea. I'm going to try this.

Jami Bishop said...

Wow, what a beautiful christmas ornament! LUVVV it!! : )

silvia said...

Great projects!!