Monday, October 15, 2012

My First Christmas Wreath for 2012

I think I have a new obsession... poly mesh! When I first saw the wreaths that people were making a few months ago, I did not really care for them, but then I saw one that is called the "curly" style. It is very whimsical looking and so versitile. Then I discovered the tubing last week when making a wreath at work. This stuff just adds to the whimsy :) The poly mesh and the tubing comes in so many different colors, it makes the possibilities almost endless! The wreath forms that most people use for the poly mesh are called work wreaths. They are wire wreaths that look like a sparse artificial Christmas wreath. Even the wreaths come in several colors.
I got this wreath form and the red mesh from www.trendytrees.com and the green/red mesh and tubing from Carolina Pottery. The wreath form is called a pencil wreath because the ties are much skinnier than the regular size ones. I like using the pencil wreaths better I think. The little elf is an Annalee collectable elf that I got at Tuesday Morning for $12.99, which is about 1/2 the normal price for them. I love Tuesday Morning, but you have to go back often, because they change things around so much. You just never know what you will find there :)
The same day I made this wreath, I also decorated a cute little Christmas tree. I will post pics of that tomorrow. Until then....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: