Sunday, October 7, 2012

Jumping on the Poly Deco Mesh Bandwagon


Poly Deco Mesh has been around a while and has become a big craze in the wreath making world. I haven't been a big fan of the poofy look that most people create, but when I saw the curly style, I got excited! I love the quirky and whimsical look of this style. We have been making the poofy kind of wreaths at work for the boss' wife and just finished up 3 Halloween ones. Here is one of them...

sorry the pic is not the greatest, I took it with my phone
in our office that has poor lighting.
Then we started on Christmas wreaths this past week. Our boss's wife wanted whimsical, so we decided to go with the curly style. And here is the first wreath we made...


It is not quite complete, but I really love the way it is turning out. We have eight of these to make.


The first picture and the one above is of the wreath I made at home today. This thing is huge! I did not have a Poly Deco Mesh Work wreath form, just this large wire wreath. I attached each piece with a white pipe cleaner and then curled the ends with a pencil. I alternated white and blue pieces and on every other white piece, I added a piece of blue and hot pink sheer wired ribbon.


I think this wreath would be perfect for a girly birthday party or a baby's room or even a funky Christmas wreath. It may be a gift for a special someone, depending on the outcome of an ultrasound.
I have ordered some more supplies to make more of these :)

I must go now and get ready for bed. It will be a long week of wreath making at work!!
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: