Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hello Special Delivery Card


I made this card for someone that I was becoming pen pals with, but it did not work out. I won't go into details about that, it wasn't a good experience. Sometimes you just have to be careful of who you try to befriend.
The card base is Bashful Blue, then a piece of designer paper layered on Crumb Cake. I added a strip of green designer paper and then stitched around the designer paper on the sewing machine. All the edges are distressed and inked. There is a piece of blue rick-rack and twine wrapped around the bottom and tied with a piece of Crumb Cake tulle. The flower is one that I made a while back that did not make it into another project. I stamped the hello from a little $1.oo stamp set in Real Red ink onto Crumb Cake card stock, punched with the oval scallop punch and inked the edges. The "special delivery" is an epoxy sticker.


I have so much on my plate this week, but just can't seem to get into gear. Do you have days like that? I am holding a Christmas card class at our monthly crop next Saturday. Haven't even started preparing for that. I am also in a swap for handmade postcards on the same day. Nope, haven't finished those, either. Procrastination is really setting in, lol. I must work great under pressure! or at least I better :) So I guess I should get off of here and get to working!
Hope ya'll have a great week!!
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

1 comment:

Cricket's Daughter said...

The card is very cute and if you need a new friend to send it to, just LMK and I will give you my address...hahaha. I hope these storms are not near you and if they are...be safe.